Discuss the emerging technique of using diffusion tensor imaging (DTI) to perform muscle fibre tracking
2. Discuss current and emerging MRI techniques used in the imaging of cartilage. Suggest a grading system that could be used to describe cartilage damage
Approximate word count for assignment 2: 2000 words
• GENERAL MSK reference
1. Berquist, T.H. (2007). Musculoskeletal Imaging Companion, 2nd edn. Philadelphia: Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins/Wolters Kluwer.
2. Berquist, T.H. (2006) MRI of the Musculoskeletal System, 5th edn. Philadelphia: Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins
3. Jozsa L and Kannus, P (1997) Human Tendons: Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology Human Kinetics
4. Link, T (2011) Cartilage Imaging: Significance, Techniques and New Developments Springer (** ebook)
5. Magee, D.J. (2006). Orthopedic Physical Assessment, 4th edn. St Louis: Saunders/Elsevier
6. Pedowitz R, Chung C, Resnick D. (2008). Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Orthopedic Sporst Medicine (** ebook)
7. Stoller, David W Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine 3rd Edn (Volumes 1 and 2), Philadelphia: Lippincott, Williams and Wilkins
8. Shellock, F.G. and Powers, C.M. (Eds) (2001). KInematic MRI of the Joints: Functional Anatomy, Kinesiology, and Clinical Applications. Boca Raton: CRC Press.
9. Walsh W (2006) Repair and Regeneration of Ligaments, Tendons, and Joint Capsule Humana Press