THIS ASSIGNMENT. THANKS
ADVANCED INFORMATION MANAGEMENT
You are a clinical nurse specialist with a Post-Masters Nursing Informatics Certificate working in a 100-bed community hospital that is still using paper documentation. You lead a multidisciplinary team comprised of hospital professional staff. You have been assigned the task of investigating and recommending a new computerized management system that will bring the hospital in compliance with meaningful use legislation.
- Create a written proposal for a new information management system to implement meaningful use.
- Describe your project committee by doing the following:
- Identify four or more interdisciplinary team members to be on the project committee, including each team member’s title and position in the organization.
- Describe the role each team member will play in the implementation of the system.
- Explain why each team member’s expertise is necessary for the success of this project.
- Choose two real-life computerized management systems and analyze the two systems by doing the following:
- Summarize the advantages and disadvantages of the two systems.
- Recommend which system is the best choice to meet meaningful use requirements in this particular setting.
- Describe how the features of the recommended system meet the guidelines outlined in the three stages of meaningful use.
- Describe how the recommended system will impact patient care and documentation.
- Explain how using the recommended system to access information will impact the quality and delivery of nursing care and patient outcomes.
- Discuss how the proposed system and adoption of meaningful use will benefit the organization by doing the following:
- Provide two examples of ways that quality improvement (QI) data collected from the system can be gathered and tracked to identify the occurrence of problems and errors.
- Discuss security standards and methods, including the need for data storage integrity and data backup and recovery.
- Explain how the recommended system will protect patient privacy.
- Explain how the recommended system meets Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) requirements.
- Describe how adopting the system will reduce costs to the organization, including standardizing documentation, reducing waste, and increasing productivity and factors that address human and capital resources.
- Explain why active nursing involvement in the planning, selection, and implementation of the systems is important to the success of the implementation process and meeting meaningful use requirements.
- Create a multi-media presentation (e.g., PowerPoint or Keynote; Prezi will not be accepted) for the executive leadership team that summarizes a plan for implementing the new information management system.
- Discuss the following in your presentation:
- Explain how hospital staff will be trained to use the new system by addressing each of the following questions:
- Who will train the staff?
- What will be included in the training?
- When and how frequently will training sessions take place?
- Where will the training sessions take place?
- Discuss a plan for implementation (e.g., the launch date, initial rollout, modified workloads, and/or onsite user-support).
- Discuss a plan for incidences of system failure.
Note: Include presenter notes for slides as appropriate in order to fully cover the level of explanation, analysis, and discussion necessary.
- When you use sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format.
Note: When using sources to support ideas and elements in an assessment, the submission MUST include APA formatted in-text citations with a corresponding reference list for any direct quotes or paraphrasing. It is not necessary to list sources that were consulted if they have not been quoted or paraphrased in the text of the assessment.
Note: No more than a combined total of 30% of a submission can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from outside sources, even if cited correctly. For tips on using APA style, please refer to the APA Handout web link included in the APA Guidelines section.
Place your order now to enjoy great discounts on this or a similar topic.
People choose us because we provide:
Essays written from scratch, 100% original,
Delivery within deadlines,
Competitive prices and excellent quality,
24/7 customer support,
Priority on their privacy,
Unlimited free revisions upon request, and
Plagiarism free work,