This is an individual assignment in the form of a 3000-word report (+/- 10%).
Collaboration is not allowed.
This assignment tests the following Learning Outcomes for the module:
1. Interpret and critically analyse an aviation organisation’s financial and economic performance
2. Critically analyse an aviation organisation’s financial requirements
The Assignment Task:
You are an aviation analyst working for a major investment bank and you have been tasked to research a publicly-listed airline of your choice (to be approved by your lecturer). Your investment bank is considering investing in the airline industry and would like a report to be submitted in order to ascertain whether your specific airline is a good investment or not.
1. Utilising ratio analysis, you need to calculate the relevant ratios for your airline in 2 ways:
a. Internally within your airline from the past 2 financial years
b. Externally by benchmarking these ratios with an airline you identify as a key competitor
For each ratio, you need to briefly explain its usefulness and critically analyse the ratio in terms of trends over time within your airline and in the external industry context. You should utilise a broad range of financial and economic ratios. You will provide a conclusion as to the viability of the airline in terms of investment potential.
NB: Please provide all workings for your ratios in the appendices – these must be your own calculations.
It is advisable to check with the module lecturer as to the suitability of your chosen airlines. The following airlines CANNOT be chosen as case study airlines: Delta Airlines and Allegiant Air.
The report will be assessed on the following basis:
• Calculation of ratios (25%)
• Explanation of the usefulness of these ratios (10%)
• Critical analysis of the ratios from an internal and external perspective (45%)
• Use of referencing in the Harvard format, including a references list in the Harvard format (10%)
• Structure, word count, spelling and grammar (10%)
Place your order now to enjoy great discounts on this or a similar topic.
People choose us because we provide:
Essays written from scratch, 100% original,
Delivery within deadlines,
Competitive prices and excellent quality,
24/7 customer support,
Priority on their privacy,
Unlimited free revisions upon request, and
Plagiarism free work,