Comparative Criminal Justice Systems: A Topical Approach,, 6th edition
To adequately address each question, each response should be a least a paragraph long. Be sure to provide citations and the corresponding references for information you present as “fact”. Cite within each answer and place your references at the end of your paper.
1. Some observers may think that Islamic law has less appreciation for the seriousness of murder (a qisas crime) than for theft or drinking alcohol (found in the higher-category hudud offenses). Why, according to your textbook, would that be an inaccurate assumption?
2. Using the sport analogy offered by Pizzi in Chapter 5, explain some of the ways that the adversarial and inquisitorial systems differ.
3. Note the two dimensions of analysis used by Bayley to describe the structure of police systems and explain the six categories resulting from those dimensions.
4. Explain three of the arguments that favor and oppose allowing jurors to ask questions of witnesses during a criminal trial.
5. By American standards, French trial courts seem bound by few restrictions on the kind of evidence that can be introduced (e. g., prior convictions of the accused are admissible as relevant evidence). The textbook explained this apparent permissiveness using three factors. List and explain those facto
ORDER THIS ESSAY HERE NOW AND GET A DISCOUNT !!!