Case Study #1: Why should businesses invest in cybersecurity?
A client company has asked your cybersecurity consulting firm to provide it with a 2 to 3 page white paper which discusses the business need for investments in cybersecurity. The purpose of this white paper is to “fill in the gaps” in a business case that was already prepared by the company’s Chief Information Officer. The target audience for your paper is the company’s C-suite executives. These executives will be meeting later this month to discuss budget requests from department heads. The company has requested that your white paper use the same investment categories as are already in use for the CIO’s business case: people, processes, and technologies.
- Read / Review the Week 1 readings.
- Find three or more additional sources which provide information about best practice recommendations for cybersecurity and other reasons why businesses should invest in people, processes, and technologies related to cybersecurity. These additional sources can include analyst reports (e.g. Gartner, Forrester, Price-Waterhouse, Booz-Allen) and/or news stories about recent attacks / threats, data breaches, cybercrime, cyber terrorism, etc.
Write a two to three page summary of your research. At a minimum, your summary must include the following:
- An introduction or overview of cybersecurity which provides definitions and addresses the business need for cybersecurity. This introduction should be suitable for an executive audience.
- A separate section which addresses ethical considerations which drive the business need for investments in cybersecurity.
- A review of best practices and recommendations which can be added to the existing business case to provide justification for cybersecurity-focused investments in the three investment categories identified by the company: people, processes, and technologies.
Your white paper should use standard terms and definitions for cybersecurity. See Course Content > Cybersecurity Concepts Review for recommended resources.
Submit For Grading & Discussion
- Submit your case study in MS Word format (.docx or .doc file) using the Case Study #1 Assignment in your assignment folder. (Attach the file.)
- Use standard APA formatting for the MS Word document that you submit to your assignment folder. Formatting requirements and examples are found under Course Resources > APA Resources.
To get a custom written paper, place an order with us!
Additional Benefits for you
♦ 24/7 customer support
♦ On-time delivery guarantee
♦ Plagiarism-free research papers
♦ Affordable and student-friendly prices
♦ Scholarly-rich custom-written papers
♦ 100% privacy and confidentiality