“Mitochondria, Water, Molecules, and Cell Structures”
Note: Please respond to one (1) of the following four (4) bulleted options.
- The cell is comprised of very important components including the mitochondria. Please view this video describing mitochondrial disease which is found here. Keep in mind that one of the symptoms of mitochondrial disease is fatigue (weak and tired). Next discuss two (2) functions of mitochondria and why you believe each of these functions is important. Then explain two (2) ways that the inability of mitochondria to perform their proper function can account for mitochondrial disease symptoms. Justify your response.
- Water is essential to life. Briefly discuss three (3) properties of water then explain what is meant by the structure of water accounting for each of its properties. Next choose one (1) of the properties of water below and explain two (2) ways the property can be useful for living systems.
- High Specific Heat
- Floating Ice
- Good Solvent Properties
- Dissociation of water molecules
- Are you really what you eat? Many of us have heard the saying, “you are what you eat”. Please view the quick crash course on carbohydrates, lipids, and proteins here then describe the processes needed to distinguish whether a biological molecule is a carbohydrate, lipid, or protein. Next consider your daily intake of foods this week and note the various carbohydrates, lipids, and proteins you ingested. Discuss three (3) ways that your diet relates to the molecules of life and their function. Justify your response.
- Consider three (3) structures and functions of a cell then provide a 100 to 250 word explanation based on the following question: “How do varied membrane composition and the structural features of molecules in different cells contribute to membrane function?”
To get a custom written paper, place an order with us!
Additional Benefits for you
♦ 24/7 customer support
♦ On-time delivery guarantee
♦ Plagiarism-free research papers
♦ Affordable and student-friendly prices
♦ Scholarly-rich custom-written papers
♦ 100% privacy and confidentiality