Genomics in Public Health Nursing
After reading this chapter, the student should be able to do the following:
1. Define key terms related to genetics and genomics.
2. Discuss the history of genomics and its integration into public health nursing.
3. Describe the relationship between genomics, genetics, and nursing.
4. Explain the core competencies related to genomics that nurses and selected other public health professionals should integrate into their practice.
5. Describe at least three potential implications of persons knowing their genetic information on clients, families, and communities.
DNA, p. 244
family health history, p. 249
genes, p. 244
genome, p. 242
genomics, p. 242
genetics, p. 242
genetic susceptibility, p. 249
Human Genome Project, p. 243
multifactorial diseases, p. 246
mutations, p. 244
–See Glossary for definitions
ORDER THIS ESSAY HERE NOW AND GET A DISCOUNT !!!