Please write essays of about 1.5 pages each on four of the following questions. As much as possible, please avoid repeating the same information in more than one essay. Provide a picture for each of your essays and explain how the picture helps us understand key points.
1. Southern Colonies. Describe some of the Southern settlements that became English colonies in the 1600s. What do you find most remarkable about Virginia and other early colonies? How did slavery become such a major part of the society in the South?
2. Puritans. Why did Puritans come to America? What was their society like? What do you find notable about the Puritan colonies at Plymouth and Massachusetts Bay? What impact did the Puritans have on America?
3. Puritans and Quakers. Compare the Puritan colonies in New England with the Quaker colony in Pennsylvania. What similarities or differences do you see between these two religious movements? Do you think religion was a factor in the success of both areas?
4. Eighteenth Century America. Using insights from Chapter 5, describe how life was changing in the British colonies in the 1700s. What social, political, economic or cultural changes do you see?
5. Spanish Missions. What do you find remarkable about the Spanish mission era in California in the late 1700s? Do you see California in the 1700s as similar to the British colonies of the same era, or do you see California as a different strand of our history?
6. Colonial Crisis. Explain how the political consciousness of Americans changed in the two decades leading up to Independence. Mention specific events or leaders in Chapter 6.
7. Britain v. America. How did the colonists manage to gain independence, fighting against the powerful British Empire? Mention specific strategies and key events in Chapter 7.
8. Three key terms. Develop an essay connecting three key terms from the handouts. Show how these terms are related to major events or concepts we have discussed.
Keys for Success:
1. Explain your points simply, like you would to another student.
2. Write in simple sentences and short paragraphs.
3. Use specific examples from our readings and class discussion.
4. Relate your answers to major concepts and trends we have covered.
Place your order now to enjoy great discounts on this or a similar topic.
People choose us because we provide:
Essays written from scratch, 100% original,
Delivery within deadlines,
Competitive prices and excellent quality,
24/7 customer support,
Priority on their privacy,
Unlimited free revisions upon request, and
Plagiarism free work,