Criminal justice practitioners need to understand the past to better perform their jobs in the present and future. Law enforcement officials must learn from the past so that they do not repeat the errors that have happened before and learn how to use the lessons of the past to better serve society today.
Using online library resources, and any other outside sources, write a 2-page report, in which you need to do the following. You may use UCR and NCVS as part of your research, also note that the UCR only dates back to the 1960s and NCVS to 1973.
- Compare and contrast three similarities or differences among the series of robberies, rapes, or burglaries that occurred in the 1930s, 1960s, and in the present-day U.S.
- Investigate and illustrate how positive and negative factors affected different types of crimes (for example, murders, rapes, and burglaries) in the 1930s, 1960s, and in the present-day U.S.
- Select a crime and explain how the history of your chosen crime has affected the manner in which society has developed successful or unsuccessful methodologies for handling criminals who commit this crime in the U.S. today.
Research the Argosy University online library resources and the Internet and other sources, such as interviews and newspaper clippings, to discuss the crime of your choice.
- Save the report as M1_A3_Lastname_Firstname.doc.
- By Tuesday, January 17, 2017, submit your report to the M1: Assignment 3 Dropbox.