Leadership in the 21st-Century Support Systems
This assignment requires you to make connections between 21st-century support systems, specifically 21st Century Professional Development components. As the emphasis is on professional development, consider prior coursework that included collaboration, self-reflection, and other components pertaining to your growth as a practitioner and how that may contribute to student outcomes. There are several approaches you could take with this assignment. However, it is recommended the assignment you select to redesign includes at least one of the components found on the 21st Century Professional Development link and listed here:
a.Highlights ways teachers can seize opportunities for integrating 21st century skills, tools, and teaching strategies into their classroom practice — and help them identify what activities they can replace/de-emphasize.
b.Balances direct instruction with project-oriented teaching methods.
c.Illustrates how a deeper understanding of subject matter can actually enhance problem-solving, critical thinking, and other 21st century skills.
d.Enables 21st century professional learning communities for teachers that model the kinds of classroom learning that best promotes 21st century skills for students.
e.Cultivates teachers’ ability to identify students’ particular learning styles, intelligences, strengths, and weaknesses.
f.Helps teachers develop their abilities to use various strategies (such as formative assessments) to reach diverse students and create environments that support differentiated teaching and learning.
g.Supports the continuous evaluation of students’ 21st century skills development.
h.Encourages knowledge sharing among communities of practitioners, using face-to-face, virtual, and blended communications.
i.Uses a scalable and sustainable model of professional development.
For example, you may redesign an instructional plan with assessment plans embedded throughout, or a full assessment plan including a summative assessment that demonstrates either points f or g, both focusing on student assessment. On the other hand, you might select a previous assignment that focused on professional collaboration and/or PLCs and modify it to support points d, h, or i. If you do not have previous assignments to use in this assignment, please contact your instructor for guidelines on how to proceed. As needed, refer to the MAED program learning outcomes (PLOs) list as needed. Upload your assignment to the course for evaluation and to your ePortfolio (Pathbrite).
Create your assignment to meet the content and written communication expectations below.
The Redesign expectations explain what you are required to do with the prior coursework you choose to redesign. The Summary expectations are for the separate written portion of this assignment.
- Redesign – 21st Century Professional Development (3 Points): Redesign of an instructional plan with assessment plans embedded throughout, or a full assessment plan with a summative assessment that includes integration of 21st Century Skills, teaching strategies, project-oriented teaching methods, problem-solving, and critical thinking.
- Summary – Introduction/Conclusion (1 Point): A one paragraph introduction to the summary that concisely presents the scope and organization of the summary writing, as well as a one paragraph conclusion that recaps your summary’s key points.
- Summary – Modification (1 Point): In one paragraph, summarize the changes you made to your activity to meet the redesign expectations for this assignment. Explicitly state how your redesign assignment provides evidence of mastery of PLOs 5 and 7
- Summary – Reflection (1 Point): Summarize, in one paragraph, your experience with the redesign in terms of challenges you encountered and how you overcame those challenges.
Written Communication Expectations
- Page Requirement (.5 points): Two to four pages, not including title and references pages.
- APA Formatting (.5 points): Use APA formatting consistently throughout the assignment.
- Syntax and Mechanics (.5 points): Display meticulous comprehension and organization of syntax and mechanics such as spelling and grammar.
- Source Requirement (.5 points): References three scholarly sources in addition to the course textbook. All sources on the references page need to be used and cited correctly within the body of the assignment.p(3)
Place your order now to enjoy great discounts on this or a similar topic.
People choose us because we provide:
Essays written from scratch, 100% original,
Delivery within deadlines,
Competitive prices and excellent quality,
24/7 customer support,
Priority on their privacy,
Unlimited free revisions upon request, and
Plagiarism free work,