Assume that the low-calorie frozen, microwavable food company from Assignments 1 and 2 wants to expand and has to make some long-term capital budgeting decisions. The company is currently facing increases in the costs of major ingredients.
Use the Internet and Strayer databases to research government policies and regulation.
(Write each question then answer)
Write a 7 page paper in which you:
1. Outline a plan that managers in the low-calorie, frozen microwaveable food company could follow in anticipation of raising prices when selecting pricing strategies for making their products response to a change in price less elastic. Provide a rationale for your response, what is price elastic, what is price inelastic, how the firm can make it’s product less elastic – for example marketing strategies / pricing strategies / price discrimination.
2. Examine the major effects that government policies have on production and employment. Predict the potential effects that government policies could have on your company. Discuss minimum wage law / environmental plans / health insurance (government obligates firms to have health insurance for employees – how does this affect production and unemployment)
3. Determine whether or not government regulation to ensure fairness in the low-calorie, frozen microwavable food industry is needed. Cite the major reasons for government involvement in a market economy. Provide two (2) examples of government involvement in a similar market economy to support your response. Discuss Govt regulations which are imposed by the govt such as anti-trust policy / FDA regulations on food safety / patent law or franchises. Also when you discuss the regulations relate it to frozen foods or food industry as a whole – how these regulations affect production and employment. Can reference the Dodd-Frank Act / Sarben-Oxley
4. Examine the major complexities that would arise under expansion via capital projects. Propose key actions that the company could take in order to prevent or address these complexities.
5. Suggest the substantive manner in which the company could create a convergence between the interests of stockholders and managers. Indicate the most likely impact to profitability of such a convergence. Provide two (2) examples of instances that support your response. > Discuss corporate governance – explain how firms can use procedures in order to remove conflict of interest between shareholders and managers
Place your order now to enjoy great discounts on this or a similar topic.
People choose us because we provide:
Essays written from scratch, 100% original,
Delivery within deadlines,
Competitive prices and excellent quality,
24/7 customer support,
Priority on their privacy,
Unlimited free revisions upon request, and
Plagiarism free work,