MANAGEMENT OF ACUTE VS CHRONIC INJURY DISCUSSION
ACUTE: injury- pain- relief- workload- lifestyle- sleep- frustration- job role- studies- restricting movements- effect on mood- regular physio? – Balance between injury and how she is adapting or not.
CHRONIC – ongoing pain- daily-? Investigations? Diagnosis? Sitting/ Driving Weight bearing? – Sleeping- Nervous system – Studies – trouble? – Repeating first Semester subjects – missed a lot of time due to the pain.
Isolated from her peers- feeling worthless.
PART 2. MS SAM CONNOR – ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS
1. Discuss the type of Therapy program you think would benefit Sam and why? How would you assess her progress re goals and activities to ensure you meet her needs?
2. Consider your role in this program. How would you provide assistance in the therapy session?
3. How did Sam’s past history affect your role and responsibility to your supervisor and yourself?
4. What communication strategies did you use with Sam and why? How would you monitor her progress?
5. How did you respond to Sam complaints about her?
• Your brother
• Her studies
6. What stress / behavioral management strategies would you use to help resolve the conflict Sam is experiencing?
7. How did you consider confidentiality respect culture in your dealings with Sam? What statutory requirements do you need to be aware of?
8. What behavioral and physical concerns did you document and why? What organizational policies did you consider?
9 How would you communicate with your employer? What clarification did you seek if any?
10. How would you demonstrate your overall direction of the case? What range of services would you use in your management of this case?