Goals of the assignment:
(1) To expose students to real-life applications of some management topics that we covered, including basics of management (chapter 1), management approaches (chapter 2), ethics (chapter 4), managerial decision-making and strategic planning (chapter 5). no out side sources need.
Choose a manager with whom you can sit face-to-face (in person or via computer) for an hour to ask somequestions about being a manager.GET YOUR APPOINTMENT ASAP!
Required interview questions:
(1) Can you describe a week at work? What activities/tasks do you regularly engage in?
(2) In your opinion, how should an effective manager manage employees? What kind of a managerial approach do you follow? Can you give examples?
(3) How is being a manager different from being an employee? What are some of the things that changed when youbecame a manager?
(4) Do you ever face ethical challenges as a manager? How do you handle them?
(5) As a manager you make many decisions every day. How do you make decisions? Do you make plans and think through every alternative before you make decisions? Or do you also listen to your intuition while making decisions?
(6) Can you tell me about your strategic planning process? What tasks and processes do you engage in with regards to strategic planning?
You can ask additional or follow-up questions as well.
After the interview, organize the answers and prepare a 4-to 5-page, essay-type report that consists ofthe following sections:
1. Manager’s name / title / organization
2. Job description/ responsibilities
3. Management approach the manager follows
4. Changes experienced after being a manager
5. Ethical challenges and handling methods
6. Managerial decision making methods
7. Strategic planning tasks/process Under sections 3-7, first paraphrase the manager’s answer, and then have a title “analysis and recommendations,” under which you analyze the manager’s answer using the related course topic: Do the manager’s answers overlap or contradict with what we learnt in our classes? How so? Explain.
Do you have any recommendations for this manager?
At the very end of the report, have a title “Lessons learned,” under
which you reflect upon the lessons you learnt in this interview
overall and how you can use them in your own work life and career.
I did the interview, so you can put this interview in the paper :
Name of a manager: Camie Morrison
1. What company do you work for and how long have you been with the company?
Schools First Federal Credit Union -2 ½ years. I am the Manager of the Insurance Services Department
2. How long have you held your current position?
2 ½ years but have been in the Insurance industry for 32 years
3. What are the three most important tasks you are responsible for accomplishing?
1-Keeing my team content so they can perform their job 2-Providing World Class Member Service 3-Making sure our ROI (Return on Investment) is profitable
4. What do you like most about being a manager?
Being able to coach my team to success
5. How do you motivate your employees?
Through coaching and not dictatorship
6. Do the strategies always work?
No, you will always have certain team members that nothing is good enough, nothing you give them is enough
7. What is leadership in your view? You manage processes and lead team. How do you exercise leadership in your firm?
Leading team through “Buy In” and not dictatorship. Everyone has ideas make sure they are heard and even if you may know it might not work understand that it is important that you try and they are heard. They have to believe they play a part in the value.
8. Do you think you were born leader or learned to learn ?
I think I have evolved with the times, I think management used to be more “Do what I say” type of leadership, now it is more about coaching, so in that case I have learned to be a better leader.
9. Can you describe a week at work? What activities/tasks do you regularly engage in?
Well I am the manager of the Insurance division so we are dealing with Insurance on a daily basis, but I am consistently dealing with my team members, HR issues, and Member issues
10. In your opinion, how should an effective manager manage employees? What kind of a managerial approach do you follow? Can you give examples?
An effective manager, should make sure to manage processes and lead the team. Lead by example, if you expect your team to be on time then you need to be early. If you expect your team to work hard, then you need to work harder.
11. How is being a manager different from being an employee? What are some of the things that changed when you became a manager?
As a manager you will always be held to a HIRE standard, some managers struggle with this because we are still human and we want recognition and the leniency that employees get but that went out the door once you took on a roll of management or leadership.
12. Do you ever face ethical challenges as a manager? How do you handle them?
Every day, you may feel closer to one employee than the other and you have to be careful not to show favoritism, and make sure you are treating all equal.
13. As a manager you make many decisions every day. How do you make decisions? Do you make plans and think through every alternative before you make decisions? Or do you also listen to your intuition while making decisions?
I do both, there will be times when you need to make a decision immediately and times when you can think it over and analyze it. It all depends on the situation and the scenario. Regardless of the situation it is very important to have all your facts so that you can make the best decision possible.
14. Can you tell me about your strategic planning process? What tasks and processes do you engage in with regards to strategic planning
Place your order now to enjoy great discounts on this or a similar topic.
People choose us because we provide:
Essays written from scratch, 100% original,
Delivery within deadlines,
Competitive prices and excellent quality,
24/7 customer support,
Priority on their privacy,
Unlimited free revisions upon request, and
Plagiarism free work,