Students will test whether claims made by a research company are accurate based on a sample of high school students in their district.
You read an article on text message usage and believe that some of the facts are inaccurate. You decide to test the author’s claim and present your findings before the community.
Your audience is the local community. You want to compare your community to the larger population.
The local newspaper published an article stating facts about the number of text messages sent by adolescents in a day. You believe the facts are inaccurate and replicate the study in your town.
- Students will read the article about the facts and analyze the data from the sample.
- Students will create 5 total word problems on hypothesis testing using the real data (at least 2 Central limit problems and at least 2 Two-sample problems).
- Students will carry out the appropriate hypothesis test to solve their word problems.
- Students will create a PowerPoint to present their findings.
STANDARDS AND CRITERIA
- Students will create a 5-slide minimum PowerPoint
- Students will create 5 word problems to compare data to the article. At least 2 word problems will be Central Limit Problems and at least 2 word problems will be Two-Sample Problems.
- Students will conduct the hypothesis testing, calculate p-values and report the findings.
To get a custom written paper, place an order with us!
Additional Benefits for you
♦ 24/7 customer support
♦ On-time delivery guarantee
♦ Plagiarism-free research papers
♦ Affordable and student-friendly prices
♦ Scholarly-rich custom-written papers
♦ 100% privacy and confidentiality