Term Paper Proposal
Geography: Energy and Society
Suggested Title: The Largest Hydroelectric Power Stations
Interest in the topic: Hydroelectricity is one of the famous renewable energy to date. The power is generated by the moving water. In my paper I am going to investigate two world largest hydroelectricity power stations, Three Gorges Dam and Itaipu Dam. I believe that hydroelectricity is a sustainable resource for human society. But at the same time, I also hear the myth that the huge dam changes the rotation of the earth. Also, the dam cause the land loss and human involuntary migration. In this paper, I will try to investigate deeper in order to figure out how the dam impact to the geographical system and human society.
Oliveira, P., Patias, J., & Zuquette, L. (2015). A study of the alterability of basaltic lithotypes from the itaipu dam site (southern brazil). Bulletin of Engineering Geology and the Environment, 74(4), 1331-1348.
Ribeiro, F. d. M., & da Silva, G. A. (2010). Life-cycle inventory for hydroelectric generation: A brazilian case study. Journal of Cleaner Production, 18(1), 44-54.
Wu, J., Huang, J., Han, X., Gao, X., He, F., Jiang, M., Jiang, Z., Primack, R. B., Shen, Z.. (2004). The Three Gorges Dam: An Ecological Perspective. Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment, 2(5), 241–248.
Wilmsen, B., Webber, M., & Duan, Y. (2011). Involuntary rural resettlement: Resources, strategies, and outcomes at the three gorges dam, china. The Journal of Environment & Development, 20(4), 355-380.
Zhu, H., Xiang, S., Yang, K., Wu, X., & Zhou, X. (2008). Three gorges dam and its impact on the potential transmission of schistosomiasis in regions along the yangtze river. EcoHealth, 5(2), 137-148.
Expectation on the essay
- What are you interested in (broad outline)?
- Why should we care?
- Broader context / Different perspectives on your topic
- More detailed description of your topic
- Indicators, concepts (definitions) if relevant
- Why was your work relevant?
- What did you learn?
- What should be the logical next step (or what else would be interesting)?
Scholarly Content –
Your term paper should include the following sections: introduction, main section(s), conclusion, bibliography, appendix
– Introduction: tell me what your main interest is (clearly defined research question), why I should care, how you will approach your topic and the limitations of your approach.
– Main section(s): either analytical or descriptive. Discuss main issue(s) and different perspectives on it. Material is well-focused (i.e., answers the research question). Your conclusion derives logically from your argumentation.
– You have built upon the argumentation found in your references.
– You should be careful to demonstrate that you understand the material covered and the terms and concepts used.
– No evidence of plagiarism, intentional or otherwise
Place your order now to enjoy great discounts on this or a similar topic.
People choose us because we provide:
Essays written from scratch, 100% original,
Delivery within deadlines,
Competitive prices and excellent quality,
24/7 customer support,
Priority on their privacy,
Unlimited free revisions upon request, and
Plagiarism free work,