Using the same children from your ASSIGNMENT 10.2, devise a game that measures the concept of more. Remember these children should be of different ages (3 year old- child A. 4 year old-child B).SETTING:
You will need 10 pennies, 3 drinking glasses (two exactly the same, one different), and two balls of clay.
BRING EACH CHILD INDIVIDUALLY TO THE ACTIVITY & HAVE THEM PERFORM:
1. Conservation of numbers. Divide 10 pennies into two rows of equal amounts with pennies equidistant from each other. Show the child the lines and ask them “Are there the same number of pennies in each row?” Next, push on line of pennies on the top row closer together. Then ask; “Now are there the same number of pennies in each row or does one have more?” “Which one has more?” Record the answers.
2. Conservation of liquid. Fill two glasses of the same size and shape with water and ask: “Does each glass have the same amount of water?” Now pour the water from one glass into another glass of a different shape. Ask: “Does each glass have the same amount of water or does one have more?” Record the answers.
3. Conservation of mass. Show each child two balls of clay that are about the same size. Ask: “Is there the same amount of clay in each ball?” Next roll or flatten one ball. Then ask: “Now does each piece of clay have the same amount or does one have more?” Record the answers.
Remember to record the answers in anecdotal form. Did age make a difference in these two children’s reasoning? Summarize your results from this experiment as they relate to readings in Chapter 9. This should be at least one page in length, double spaced.
Each Observation will consist of a summary of the following information:
A. The setting – Where did you observe this individual? How many other people were present? Was it their home; a shopping mall; a school? Morning; night? Describing the setting helps “set the stage” for why a person is doing what they are doing while you are observing.
B. The age of the subject- Not when they were born, but how old in YEARS & MONTHS.
C. The implementation of the observation tool
D. The results as measured by the observation- Describe what happened or what the results/ answers were from your observations.
E. Conclusion as it relates to child development- Describe what you learned from your Observation. Make sure you use the TEXT to reference how it relates to what you are studying currently about child development.p(1)
Place your order now to enjoy great discounts on this or a similar topic.
People choose us because we provide:
Essays written from scratch, 100% original,
Delivery within deadlines,
Competitive prices and excellent quality,
24/7 customer support,
Priority on their privacy,
Unlimited free revisions upon request, and
Plagiarism free work,
Order Similar Assignment Now!
- Our Support Staff are online 24/7
- Our Writers are available 24/7
- Most Urgent order is delivered within 4 Hrs
- 100% Original Assignment Plagiarism report can be sent to you upon request.
GET 15 % DISCOUNT TODAY use the discount code PAPER15 at the order form.