http://www.macmillanhighered.com/launchpad/exploring9edsm5/1825476 (Links to an external site.) this is the link you will use. go to. Chapter 12. Personality…. then scroll to …. Discussion Forum 12: From Freud The Hidden Nature of Man…you get a 14 day free trial. watch the video and answer the following questions. (the prior writer did not have a problem getting access to this link without using my personal login, so I know it can be done, I had it done six times already) •
Title: Personality Structure: Id, Ego, and Superego
Sigmund Freud provided the first comprehensive view of personality. This clip provides an intriguing overview of the three interacting personality systems proposed by Freud: the id, the ego, and the superego. By vividly highlighting the conflict between our biological impulses and internalized social restraints, the program provides a good introduction to the theory of psychoanalysis. Sigmund Freud describes his theory of personality structure. The conscious self that attempts to deal with the outside world of reality he calls the ego. But ego is not the master of self, claims Freud, because we are “constantly bedeviled by powerful unconscious forces.” The id reflects all that is primitive and infantile; it represents the blind instincts of sexual desire and aggression within us. The id is opposed by the superego, which is rigid, punishing, and repressive. The superego reflects the moral restrictions we have inherited from our parents and from our society.
• Critical Thinking Questions:
First — Provide your opinion, then take the perspective of a Psychologist:
1. Do you find Freud’s theory of personality structure to be helpful? Why or why not?
2. Why is a strong ego necessary in personality? What kinds of problems might a person experience if he or she were dominated by either the id or the superego?
3. According to the textbook, what is the efficacy of Psychoanalysis as a therapy?
(You may want to look at Chapter 14 for help with this answer.)
4. YOUR OPINION: Though there is no empirical data to support this type of notion, Freud developed these ideas due to the kinds of cases he studied. When you watched the video, do you believe that such a personality structure exists in yourself. WHY?
Place your order now to enjoy great discounts on this or a similar topic.
People choose us because we provide:
Essays written from scratch, 100% original,
Delivery within deadlines,
Competitive prices and excellent quality,
24/7 customer support,
Priority on their privacy,
Unlimited free revisions upon request, and
Plagiarism free work,